Virtual Dance Parties for Schools
Bring JOY & CONNECTION to Students with an Online Dance Workshop & Celebration
As the end of this unprecedented school year approaches, educators across the country are grappling with finding ways to bring some joy and celebration to students who are doing their best to continue learning from home.
Since March, our team of dance educators have mobilized to serve students through virtual lessons, and now as the end of year approaches, we are working with some of our partners to plan virtual dance parties to help students feel a sense of community as the year draws to a close.
Whether it’s to honor a graduation, or just a celebration of the passing from one grade to another, our virtual dance parties are hosted by a caring and energetic professional Teaching Artist who will facilitate the event with a combination of instruction and movement designed to build a sense of community among your students.
Here’s How It Works
- A staff member at your school CONTACTS US to discuss options and schedule the event (choose “virtual dance party” under Program Interests on the form).
- Once the event is booked, your hosting teacher sets up a virtual meeting on your’s school’s preferred video-conferencing platform (Google Meet, Zoom, etc).
- Your hosting teacher invites students to attend the party and invites them to vote on what line dances they want to learn (example of choices include: Latin, Hip-Hop, Disco, Swing/Charleston & more).
- Your staff connects with our Teaching Artist a few days before the party to do a “tech check” and go over the plan.
1. Your hosting teacher starts the live meeting and our Teaching Artist joins as a visiting guest artist
- Icebreaker to welcome students to the event
- Instruction for 1-3 different line dances, spanning a range of dance/music genres. Instructor will break down steps, answer questions, and then lead the class through a group “performance” of the routine
- Cool down and reflection in which students are encouraged to set an intention to take something positive with them from the experience
Send us an inquiry to get started (select “Virtual Dance Party” under Program Interests when you complete the form). A member of our team will follow up to discuss pricing, scheduling and other details.
Dancing with Class offers customizable programs including its very popular “Dance Around the World” curriculum, to schools through a combination of direct services and online content. Click here to request information.